Tuesday 20 September 2011

Images of the DB1 Beta EVO from Eastern ceek 11 Sept 2011


Here are couple of great picks of the db1 Beta EVO at the exit of turn two. A huge thanks to Scotty from http://www.scottspics.com.au/  for the photos.



I always find images from the track very useful. These are no exception. Here are a couple of things from these.

1. Body position - I had been working very hard over this race weekend to keep my upper body relaxed and square to the front of the bike. The more I tense up my inside arm the more off square I become. Turn two had been a bug bear for me, crashing there three times in the last two years, always mid corner in transition from braking to throttle.  Something I have associated with weighting my inside arm to much. Hence my desire to be square on the bike and keep my arms loose.

2. Ground clearance - We made some changes to the Beta EVO to increase ground clearance on the left hand side after first practice. The belly pan is now mounted significantly more square on the bike. These pictures show we have plenty of room left, nice.

3. Swingarm angle - We had numerous problems last year with stance of the Beta EVO, with the swingarm angle being flat if not past flat mid corner and once on the throttle. These images and the lack of any understeer over the weekend validates our changes.

Thanks again to Scotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment