Friday 9 September 2011

Beta EVO MKIII dyno day 4! Microtec ECU testing

Today I visited Motorcycle Weaponry in Mona Vale for some dyno time with my old sparing partner in classic racing, Roger Quinlen. The first run showed that the Microtec has cured the engine misfire that has been plaguing us all year, and it was rich as heck, which I put down to my screwing about with the map provided by the Ducshop team. First run showed 85hp.
Before and after, 84hp vs 94hp. Nice

I am extremely annoyed that the Nemesis has decided to give up the ghost. Not sure just who I should throw it at!

Roger and I worked systematically, using the maps provide by Ducshop to tune the bike. Firstly tuning in the front cylinder and then the rear. The front cylinder took and hour to get right, but the rear took about 20 minutes. We struggled with the rear pot to remove some rich areas, even taking to the advance maps to see if we could remove them. They remained stubbornly in place, confounding both me and Roger.

The finished result was a awesome 94.4HP, right on target for our estimates when starting the 1100 build.

Big thanks to the boys at Weaponry, Roger, Steve, and Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment