Saturday 11 June 2011

Morgan Park: round 3 national BEARS Challange. Saturdays results

Another cold day in Queenslands granite region today. Not as cold as yesterday thankfully.

Q1 - 4 laps, fastest 1:29.140
I was pretty happy with this result given we were first out at 9am. The track felt like it had lost a bit of grip from yesterday which is to be expected I guess. My time put me second, behind local Scott Rinaldis on his awesome 944 Ducati F1. Scott did a 1:26.6! Holy cold track goose that's quick!

Q2 - 7 laps, fastest time 1.27.6
I got a bit smarter this session and hooked on the back of a local rider. John Murray (F3 Ducati 748). John gave me a great tow and I uncorked my new PB on lap 2. This put me second on the grid behind Scott Rinaldis. 

Race 1. Best lap 1.27.655
I did not get the best launch with both Murray and Rinaldis getting away better. John Newton also got a good start. I push past Rinaldis into turn one, only to find Newton taking me around the outside at turn two! Bugger. On the brakes into gum tree I could not keep out Rinaldis either. We carried on playing for a lap, Rinaldis passes Murray. On lap two I get Newton at the end of the straight on my fastest lap of the weekend. 1:27.659. For some strange reason I was unable to close the gap to Murray, consistently missing my turn in at gum tree,  turn three and seven. Very annoying. On the final lap I over cooked it I to guntree and Newron nabbed me into turn six. Good move. I chased hard but could not catch themfor third.
Result: outright 4th, F3 4th.

The weather forcast for tomorrow is not good. Hopefully we will get some dry races in, so I can go faster! 

No comments:

Post a Comment