Saturday 4 June 2011

Dyno day 3!

With only a week to the next round of the nationals I visited the dyno again today. This time I was testing some coils kindly lent to me by Ross Proctor. Thanks Ross.

What I thought would be a simple fitting job turned into a two hour effort as the plugs on my loom were not the same. Seems Duacti have changed the coils from DS1000 to HM1100. Thanks guys!

Still it ran up okay. The misfire was still there. Bugger! But we have got further into the issue. Harley at RB Imports was running the dyno and we tried moving the inductive pick up for the RPM feed to the dyno between the front and rear coils on two separate runs. This showed the front pot losing some spark in the problem zone. The rear cylinder was totally gone in the same zone. No spark!

Conclusion: The coil drivers in the ECU are not working properly.

Now of to get my DP ECU security codes disabled!

No comments:

Post a Comment