Sunday 13 March 2011

Beta EVO MKIII testing

While helping out John Iles at the creek today I got the chance to test the bike. The misfire was evident even at load throttle positions, so I could test it statically at idle without drama. Borrowing a infared thermocouple from Jon Price I could detect a huge difference in front to rear temperature on the header pipes.

Working on the principle that the rear pot was not working I went through the following list.
  • Replaced all spark plugs
  • Swapped coils front to rear
  • Swapped the injectors front to rear
  • Swapped the fuel flow front to rear
  • removed 10% fuel
  • Removed 20% fuel
After all that work and the bike still misfires. hmmm. I am getting ready to set fire to this thing! I also threw in the clutch seal, which seemed to fix the clutch oil leak problem.

With no time left, I am going to Broadford with an unsorted bike, and one test lap under my belt. Such is the life of the bike builder.

No comments:

Post a Comment