Wednesday 24 March 2010

Ebay to the rescue... maybe

Ebay yielded a 800M rear piston, barrel and head. The seller gave me a great deal, and shipped me the rest of the engine front and rear cylinder/ head and cases with internals for another $400! I guess no one in America wants 800M parts. Now if it turns up on time we might have a chance, it should arrive next monday. That will leave us a day to put the bike together, before I have to depart. I think I'll look around for some on to borrow one from.

After the first round I found the front .95kg springs way to hard. With all the preload off and the compression tightened as much as I dared I still had twenty millimetres of travel left. A call to Dr Nick from Teknick and I had three springs to try for round two.

No comments:

Post a Comment